The New Greek Golden visa law – 5007/2022
What you need to know.
The Greek Golden Visa was launched in 2013 and enables foreign investors -from outside the European Union- to obtain a residence permit in Greece if they invest a minimum of 250,000 Euros in Greek real estate.
The Greek golden visa is changing, and the minimum amount is doubled to 500,000 Euros for specific areas of the Greek territory.*
The areas with the increased amount are Central Athens, Northern Athens, Southern Athens, the municipality of Salonica, the municipality of Mykonos, and the municipality of Santorini.
* See at the bottom of the page the municipalities of Athens that are affected by the new law.
- Investors who have paid a minimum deposit of 10%, by July 31st, 2023 and their property is in the area affected by the law change, can complete the transaction by the end of 2023 and be included in the old 250,000 Euro law.
- Under the new law, investors buying property in the areas that change to 500,000 euros must invest the total amount in one property, unlike in areas where the amount remains 250,000 euros where investors can invest in more than one property.
Municipalities of Athens that are affected by the new law:
- Municipalities of Central Athens (regional unit)
Athens | Dafni-Imittos | Filadelfia-Chalkidona | Galatsi | Ilioupoli | Kaisariani | Vyronas | Zografou
- Municipalities of Northern Athens (regional unit)
Agia Paraskevi | Amarousio | Chalandri | Filothei-Psychiko | Irakleio | Kifisia | Lykovrysi-Pefki | Metamorfosi | Nea Ionia | Papagou-Cholargos | Penteli | Vrilissia
- Municipalities of Southern Athens (regional unit)
Agios Dimitrios | Alimos | Elliniko-Argyroupoli | Glyfada | Kallithea | Moschato-Tavros | Nea Smyrni | Palaio Faliro | Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni
Contact our team of experts for detailed information and all updates about the Greece Golden Visa changes.
Read about residency by investment and the process of obtaining residency right in a foreign country by investing in that country’s economy.
We are happy to announce to our customers that we accept payment through cryptocurrency. Read mor